NYT Masterclass Week in Audition Technique
APPLICATIONS ARE NOW CLOSED. PLEASE CHECK BACK SOON FOR MORE OPPORTUNITIES.
This October half term, the National Youth Theatre (NYT) is offering drama school applicants and performers looking to improve their audition technique, an exclusive chance to take part in NYT’s exciting new intensive Masterclass Week. Led by top industry professionals, this innovative course in Manchester will give you the chance to hone your audition skills, gain confidence and present your audition to a panel of industry experts who will give you personal feedback.
Students can expect to:
- Arrive with their audition speech and leave with a performance
- Begin to understand their Unique Selling Point and what speeches are suitable for them
- Expand their range of speeches
- Understand how to present themselves in an audition situation
- Take part in an evening Q&A with top industry professionals to gain insight into the industry
- Experience a mock audition hosted by panel of experts who will provide feedback on their speech and technique
The National Youth Theatre
The National Youth Theatre (NYT) is the leading platform for training young acting talent and was the first youth theatre in the world. For the past 56 years we have nurtured some of the finest British talent including Orlando Bloom, Hugh Bonneville, Daniel Craig, Daniel Day-Lewis, Chiwetel Ejiofor OBE, Jeremy Irvine, Sir Derek Jacobi, Dame Helen Mirren DBE, Matt Smith, Catherine Tate, Antonia Thomas, Ed Westwick and many more. Our young members perform on leading West End Stages and remarkable international stages around the world.
‘I’m a professional actor who’s working and a large part of that is down to the NYT.’ Matt Smith, NYT alumnus
‘Because of NYT training I had 7 offers from theatre schools and I’m starting RADA in September!’ Becky Fleur Higgins, NYT Course Member
The deadline for applications is 10th September 2012. Please note that selections will be offered throughout the application process, so we advise you to apply as early as possible as limited places are available.