The National Student Drama Festival returns to its spiritual home in Scarborough in 2013, following the huge success of ISDF in Sheffield this year.
NSDF13 will feature performances, workshops, discussions, masterclasses and entertainment in venues across Scarborough, including the Stephen Joseph Theatre, University of Hull Scarborough Campus and The Scarborough Spa. NSDF13 will run from 23–29 March 2013.
If you are involved with a UK-based theatrical production, in which at least 80% of the company are students or within a year of graduation, that will take place between now and 15 February 2013 and think that it might be something that deserves being part of NSDF13 here’s what they’re looking for:
• The performance must be a minimum of 20 minutes.
• It can be any theatrical genre, for example: devised work, physical theatre, new writing, published texts, musicals, site-specific, street theatre.
• It can have professional or non-student input provided the majority of the work is driven by students or within a year of graduation.
• We are looking for pieces with exceptional theatre craft with a clear sense of ownership and commitment from the people presenting them, whatever the genre.
• All company members must be aged 16 years and over.
To find out how to apply, please click on the How to respond tab above. Make sure you’ve downloaded and read the application guidelines.
Please note, the last possible day that we can see your show is 15 February 2013. You must have an intended date and venue for your piece to be performed between now and that date. If there is less than two weeks between the date of application and your performance please call NSDF on 020 7036 9027 first to check availability. You must be performing your piece at least twice.
If you have any technical queries, visit our help centre. Late entries will not be accepted under any circumstances, including technical issues – so make sure you don’t leave your application to the last minute.