Imagine having your photographs reviewed by a Magnum photographer.
Imagine those photographs then being showcased on IdeasTap for a month and viewed by thousands of visitors, including senior members of Magnum staff.
And just imagine receiving personal feedback and career advice from your Magnum judge.
Well, stop dreaming, because that is exactly what we’re offering.
Continuing Magnum’s commitment to emerging photographers, the Magnum Showcase is an opportunity for IdeasTap members to have a recent body of work reviewed by a Magnum photographer or senior staff member, showcased on IdeasTap’s website and followed up by some fantastic feedback and advice for the development of your work from the Magnum judge.
All you need to do is upload a strong, concise edit of 10 to 20 images on a theme, along with 100 words explaining your project.
So, what is this month’s theme, we hear you ask?
This month’s theme is CAMPAIGN – the marketing of an idea.
This brief is aimed at photographers who can use photography in a concise, persuasive and impactful way to communicate an idea, product or concept.
The Magnum judge is photographer Bruce Gilden. Check out his Iconic Image article in IdeasMag.
View winning work here.
You can find all of our latest photographic opportunities, jobs, editorial and more at ideastap.com/photography.
This brief closes on Friday 26 October 12noon and is open to IdeasTap members, aged 16 to 30. If you have any technical queries, please visit the Help Centre. Late entries will not be accepted under any circumstances, including technical issues – so make sure you don’t leave your application to the last minute.
Brief image: Lacoste fashion shoot. New York City. 2007. © Bruce Gilden / Magnum Photos.
1. Apply by clicking Follow this brief in the left-hand column.
2. Click Apply now in the yellow box on the left. This will take you to a page headed Submit your response.
3. Upload from 10-20 images to your portfolio as a set named Magnum Showcase:Campaign.
4. Give your name and tell us a bit about your project (100 words max). Include links to the images in your portfolio (you can use bit.ly to shorten the link).
5. Press Submit.
6. You must have a photo uploaded to your profile, although it doesn't need to be a headshot and you won't be judged on the quality.
7. To support your application you must also use your IdeasTap portfolio to post supporting material. The judges will look at your portfolio for examples of previous work, so make sure it's looking good.
Terms and conditions:
Magnum will be specifically looking for entries showing a high level of innovation, creativity, technical capability and conception. They will also bear age in mind when judging entries, considering how advanced the work is for an applicant’s level of experience.
Magnum will also consider how you interpret and respond imaginatively to the theme.
Applicants should be able to clearly articulate and contextualise their projects, and submit a strong and concise edit for consideration.
All submissions should have been shot in the last six months.
This brief closes on Friday 26 October at 12noon and is open to IdeasTap members, aged 16 to 30. If you have any technical queries, please visit the Help Centre. Late entries will not be accepted under any circumstances, including technical issues – so make sure you don’t leave your application to the last minute.