To celebrate all the creativity, collaboration and ambition of our members, we are launching a brand new brief that asks you to curate and create your very own anthology – an online magazine/publication that we will fund and promote.
That’s right. As a group of three of more, the winning editorial team will pitch us a theme and create an online magazine filled to the brim with multi-disciplinary content by yourselves, your collaborators and IdeasTap members. We're looking for a group from any discipline – illustration, animation, film, literature, photography et al – to take the helm. Your anthology could be a collection of poetry, an illustration zine, a photography journal, or all the above – whatever tickles your fancy.
The winning group will be given £2,000, professional mentoring and three months to design and produce an online readable PDF anthology. It can be as long as you like, but you must commit to whatever you propose in your application.
Here at IdeasTap, we strongly believe in rewarding hard work. So, you will be expected to use part of your prize money to pay for the content you commission.
As well as your online anthology, you will be expected to create some “making of” content, to live on your very own IdeasTap partner page. We will upload it for you, but you will be expected to document the process, in video, images or text.
So, whether you’re a group of filmmakers, artist, poets, writers, comedians, illustrators, graphic designers, musicians or simply a group of like-minded creatives up for the challenge, then don’t miss out on this fantastic opportunity.
We are looking for...
- Applications from groups (minimum of three people, preferably more)
- An interesting, original theme with a clear content plan
- A defined strategy to involve IdeasTap members and find contributors
- Applicants who we believe can deliver and who will be able to effectively manage the budget
For advice on how to set up a magazine, read our article including tips from the experts.
The brief closes on Wednesday 11 January at 5pm and is open to IdeasTap members aged 16-25 based in the UK. Please download and read the Terms and Conditions.
Image: Elder Sumner's cut & paste collage by ms. neaux neaux, available under a CC BY-NC-SA 2.0 license.
Follow this brief to download the application form
Before applying, make sure you have downloaded and read the Terms and Conditions.
1. Apply by clicking Follow this brief in the left-hand column.
2. You'll need to fill out the application form, so download it (below), fill it in and save it.
3. Click Apply now in the yellow box on the left. This will take you to a page headed Submit your response.
4. Give the name of your project and outline it in 100 words or less.
6. Upload your completed application form and press Submit.
To support your application you must also use your IdeasTap portfolio to post supporting material. The judges will look at your portfolio for examples of previous work, so make sure it's looking good.
You must have a photo uploaded to your profile, although it doesn't need to be a headshot and you won't be judged on the quality.
The brief closes on Wednesday 11 January at 5pm and is open to IdeasTap members aged 16-25 based in the UK.