Saddled by student debt? Whether you’re a first-year student or a graduate, if you embarked on a BA or BMus in 2006* or later, you could benefit from having £9,000 wiped off your Student Loans Company balance by IdeasTap.
For a chance to win, simply tell us in 100 words or less what you could offer to IdeasTap’s network in exchange for the money. It could be an idea or a service, for example “This is how you could improve your site...” or “I’ll run this Spa event for your members...” – the more imaginative, original and feasible the idea, the better!
We’ll then invite a shortlist of our favourite 50 ideas to submit further information, from which we'll select one lucky winner of a £9,000 lump sum, paid directly to the Student Loans Company – and four runners-up, who will each receive a £500 lump sum, also paid directly to the Student Loans Company. The winner will then be required to deliver their idea with appropriate support from IdeasTap.
To be eligible to enter, you must be UK-based and have:
• embarked on a Bachelor of Arts or BMus degree in 2006 or later.
• £9,000 or more in debt (we’ll ask to see a Student Loans statement, if shortlisted).
• studied in the UK and taken out a loan with the Student Loans Company.
• a first degree – it doesn't matter what grade you got but we won’t pay towards a Masters or Postgraduate qualification.
• a profile picture on your IdeasTap profile.
• intellectual property of the ideas submitted – IdeasTap must be able to use any of the ideas from submissions, shortlisted entrants, runners-up and the winner.
The brief closes on Tuesday 2 April at 5pm and is open to IdeasTap members aged 18 and over. If you have any technical queries, please visit our Help Centre. Late entries will not be accepted under any circumstances, including technical issues – so make sure you don’t leave your application to the last minute.
*Please note, this opportunity is open to those who commenced Higher Education study in September 2006 onwards, to reflect the introduction of £3,070 per year top-up fees.