We’re giving you the opportunity to make a short film without having to worry about raising the funds, and applying couldn’t be easier.
We’ve got eight prizes of £5,000 and we’re looking for the most original and engaging ideas.
The resulting film should be no longer than five minutes and can be a documentary, conceptual piece, a trailer for a feature, a music video, fashion film or animated short – to name a few possibilities.
OK, so here’s the boring bit. It’s really important that you read the terms and conditions before applying. In the last round, several brilliant projects made themselves ineligible due to simple mistakes. To read the Ts&Cs click here.
- You must be aged between 16-25 to apply for this brief.
- Your project must take place between June 2011 and January 2012.
- When submitting a response to this brief, you have to have a photo on your profile page. It doesn't need to be a headshot and you won't be judged on the quality of your photo - as with all briefs on the site, you have to have a profile photo to be eligible.
- We also want to see examples of your previous work and get a sense of you, so please make sure that you've added content to your portfolio. If you don’t have a photo, or if your portfolio is empty, your application will be disqualified.
See an ideal completed application form.
This brief closes at 5pm on 28 March 2011.
To apply, click on “How to Respond” at the top of the page.
Image by Judy van der Velden
Follow this brief to download the application form
1. First you need to join this brief by clicking JOIN THIS BRIEF in the yellow box on the left of this page
2. Then go to DOWNLOAD THE BRIEF DOCUMENT in the same yellow box on the right of this page
3. This will download the application form which you then need to complete
4. Save your application form with your full name as the file name. Ensure the saved document is smaller than 3MB, so please don't add large images.
5. Upload the application form by going to SUBMIT YOUR PITCH in the yellow box on the right of this page
6. Put the name of your project in the TITLE box and upload your application form to the YOUR FILE section
7. Fill out the EXECUTIVE SUMMARY box. This is a really important part of the application as it is the first thing the judges will read. Make sure you tell us what your project is and why it is so special. The word limit is 100 words and we cannot accept applications which exceed this.
8. Click SUBMIT to submit your application. Once your application is submitted you cannot make changes, so make sure that you are happy with everything before you do this.
9. Once your pitch is submitted, make sure that you have a picture on your profile, and that you have uploaded any supporting material, such as video or photos, to your portfolio. You’ll get an email to confirm we’ve received you application – check your spam if it doesn’t appear!
This brief closes at 5PM on 28 March 2011.