Thanks to the ongoing success of our partnership with renowned photography agency Magnum Photos, we’re offering photographers in the IdeasTap community another career-changing opportunity.
We’ve got 10 heavily subsidised places to give away on Magnum’s next two-day Professional Practice seminar in Birmingham on 3 and 4 December. This opportunity is available to IdeasTap members between the ages of 16 and 25.
With an emphasis on providing practical and vocational guidance to emerging photographers, this is an unmissable opportunity to gain tailor-made, impartial advice from specialists at the top of their profession.
Speakers for the Birmingham seminar include:
- Tony Bell, Picture Editor of the Observer
- Rhiannon Reid, Client Engagement Manager of 24 Productions
- Peter James, Head of Photographs of Birmingham Central Library
- Dewi Lewis of Dewi Lewis Publishing
- Fiona Rogers, Cultural and Education Manager of Magnum Photos
- Laurence Watts, Head of International Picture Desk of ActionAid
- Visual Consultant Rebecca Swift, formerly of Getty Images
- Magnum photographer David Hurn
These seminars are always massively oversubscribed and photographers usually pay £250+VAT to attend. Not only will 10 IdeasTap members jump the queue, they’ll also pay just £50+VAT.
The seminar will take place at the School of Art, Birmingham Institute of Art & Design, Birmingham City University, Margaret Street, Birmingham.
To apply you’ll need to upload five photos to your IdeasTap portfolio and explain, in 100 words or less, how your career would benefit from this opportunity.
For full details of how to apply, click on the How to Respond tab.
If you are ineligible for a bursary, you can apply for a full-price place on the seminar.
This brief closes at 5pm on Thursday 17 November 2011.
Image Exposure with Keiv film camera by B1ur with a CC BY-NC-ND 2.0 license.
1. First you need to join the brief by clicking Follow This Brief in the yellow box on the left of this page
2. Click Apply now in the yellow box on the left. This will take you to a page headed Submit Your Response.
3. Enter your name.
4. In the Summary box explain in 100 words how your career would benefit from this opportunity AND include a link to your five photos in your IdeasTap portfolio. You can shorten the URL by using www.bit.ly.
5. Once you’re happy with your summary, hit Submit.
6. Once your application has been submitted, make sure that you have a picture on your profile. As with all briefs on the site, you can't win if you don't have a pic.
This brief closes at 5pm on Thursday 17 November 2011, and is open to all IdeasTap members aged 16-25.
For any queries, email email@example.com.