We're looking for radio producers, moving image makers, digital makers and performers to create innovative Visualised Audio projects for Roundhouse Radio.
The Visualised Audio Project Fund will support up to five teams of radio, performance and digital makers to create innovative projects at the junction of radio, moving image, digital media, performance and storytelling for broadcast on Roundhouse Radio and IdeasMag. You can apply as a group, or as an individual, as the team at Roundhouse can help you to find collaborators.
Shortlisted teams will pitch ideas to an expert panel and commissioned projects will receive a small production budget of up to £300, access to Roundhouse facilities and equipment, and professional mentoring from multiplatform producer Tim Wright.
Want to know more? Sign up for the Visualised Audio LAB sessions at the IdeasTap Spa on 5, 12 and 19 October to formuate your ideas, get feedback, meet collaborators, and get advice on your application before submitting. Find out more.
We are looking for:
- Projects with audio at the core of the concept.
- Distinct, engaging and fully developed treatments and a clearly defined audience.
- Innovative documentary, radio drama or soundscape projects visualised through animation, video, photography or performance.
- Multiplatform projects that can be broadcast as stand alone audio on Roundhouse Radio and enhanced as visual and/or interactive pieces.
- Projects utilising the media facilities and equipment of the Roundhouse.
- Collaborations between radio-makers and moving image, digital media makers and/or performing artists. Applications should be developed by a collaborative cross-arts team, (the team must be in place when applying).
- Projects which develop the collaborative team’s experience and skills and help them progress their careers; receipt of the fund should help them take their work to the next level.
NB: We strongly recommend attending the Visualised Audio LAB sessions at the IdeasTap Spa, and you MUST have a project team in place before submitting an application.
This brief closes at 5pm on Monday 29 October 2012. We will not consider late applications under any circumstances, including technical difficulties, so allow yourself plenty time to get your application uploaded. If you have technical issues, please visit the help centre.
Image: Radio Daze by Protocol Photography under a CC BY-NC-SA 2.0 license.
Follow this brief to download the application form