THIS IS THE APPLICATION PAGE FOR PROUCERS.
PLEASE READ ALL THE BELOW INFORMATION BEFORE APPLYING.
IF YOU WORK IN A DIFFERENT DISCIPLINE, VISIT:
The 24 Hour Plays: Old Vic New Voices provides 50 young actors, writers, directors and producers, aged 18-25, with the opportunity to prove their theatrical skills in front of 1,000 friends, family and industry VIPs.
In just 24 hours, seven original works are created from absolutely nothing by this group of young theatrical talents. When the time is up, the final productions are presented on The Old Vic’s 193-year-old stage.
This riveting event has been wowing audiences for the last six years and has launched over 250 careers with many of them securing agents, West End contracts, TV roles and commissions.
Past participants of The 24 Hour Plays: Old Vic New Voices have included:
- Playwrights: Mike Bartlett (Earthquakes in London and 13, National Theatre) Duncan Macmillan (Platform, The Old Vic Tunnels, Monster Manchester Royal Exchange), Nick Payne (Electra, Gate Theatre, One Day When We Were Young, Sheffield Theatre/Paines Plough, Wanderlust, The Royal Court) and Morgan Lloyd Malcolm (Belongings, Hampstead Theatre / West End, Aladdin, Lyric Hammersmith, Platform, The Old Vic Tunnels)..
- Actors: Charlotte Mills (Jerusalem, West End & Broadway), Joshua McCord (Cool Hand Luke, Aldwych Theatre), Iris Roberts (Spelling Bee, Donmar Warehouse), Gethin Anthony (Game of Thrones, HBO), and Bryony Hannah (The Children’s Hour, Comedy Theatre).
- Directors: Adam Lenson (Associate Director, Road Show, Menier Chocolate Factory and Ordinary Days, Trafalgar Studios), George Perrin and James Grieve ( Artistic Directors, Paines Plough) and Simon Evans (Resident Assistant Director, Donmar Warehouse).
- Producers: Amy Letman (Associate Producer, West Yorkshire Playhouse), James Mackenzie-Blackman (Executive Director, National Youth Theatre), Jo Danvers (Assistant General Manager, Donmar Warehouse) and Emma Brünjes (General Manager, Nimax Theatres).
Questions about the project? Join the 24 Hour Plays: Old Vic New Voices group.
Before applying you must be available on the following dates:
Initial producer interviews: Wednesday 21 OR Thursday 22 September 2011
Audition weekend: Saturday 24 OR Sunday 25 September 2011
Bonding day: Sunday 16 October 2011
The 24 Hour Plays: Saturday 22 October 2011– 9.30PM – onwards; Sunday 23 October – ALL DAY
HOW THIS WILL BE JUDGED
- All applications are judged by a panel of theatre industry professionals.
- Selected producers will then be invited to an initial producer interview on ONE of the following dates: Wednesday 21 OR Thursday 22 September 2011.
- Producers selected from the initial producer interview are then invited to the audition weekend on: Saturday 24 OR Sunday 25 September 2011
- If you are selected from the audition weekend you will be invited to take part in The 24 Hour Plays: Old Vic New Voices on 22 and 23 October 2011.
To find out how to apply, click "How to Respond".
This brief closes on 19 August 2011 at 5pm.